The New York Stock Exchange started as a group of businessmen working under a Buttonwood tree on Wall Street.
How did they become the largest,most watched financial exchange in the world?
Who are the most powerful brokers in the world today?
Our Wall Street Tour starts on Wall Street and visits the New York Financial District (FiDi) to:
- Discover how an 18th century street bazaar became the greatest financial center in the world.
- Learn about the darker side of Wall Street, including it’s scandals, panics, and crashes.
- Walk in the footsteps of famous financial moguls such as, Alexander Hamilton, J.P. Morgan, Andrew Carnegie, John D. Rockefeller, and Victoria Woodhull.
- Explore the celebrated landmarks that occupy Wall Street and the surrounding areas.
- Hear first hand accounts of Wall Street today as only industry insiders can tell them.
- See where Wall Street power brokers go to lunch. Maybe you will see Wall Street strategists plot and plan their markets on the back of paper napkins!
- Learn the importance of the Dow Jones Index so you can understand what financial shows are talking about when they give their closing bell reports.
Our last stop is at the 911 Memorial Plaza.
This is perfect to continue if you are planning to visit the 911 Museum. Depending on which tour you join, book you 911 Museum tickets for 1pm, 3.30 or 5pm.
- The New York Stock Exchange
- Federal Hall
- Trinity Church
- Ground Zero & the 911 Memorial
- Stone Street
- US Customs House
- Bowling Green
- The Wall Street Bull – Yes, you can take a picture of yourself with the bull. Yes, can also follow him on Twitter @thewallstbull
Daily at 11am
PLUS weekdays at 1.30pm
PLUS Tuesdays & Fridays at 3PM
Approximately 90 minutes
55 – 57 Wall Street
911 Memorial / Ground Zero
Tour takes place rain or shine.
Wear comfortable shoes and clothing
• Seniors (Ages 62) – $15
• Adults (Ages 18+) – $35
• Teenagers (Ages 10-17 years old) – $15
• Kids (Ages 9 and under) – $0
• NY Pass (New York Pass Holders. Please bring your pass to the tour.) – $0